Monday 25 December 2017

7 Fat Burning Snacks You Can Eat at Night to Lose Weight

Is there anything better sounding than “fat burning snacks”?
I like to snack.
I like to snack when I talk on the phone.
I like to snack when I work.
I like to snack when I watch TV.
If I could snack while I sleep I would do that as well.
Unfortunately, snacking is one of the main causes of unwanted weight gain. Research by the USDA has shown that when we snack we usually add more calories than we need while neglecting to add any nutrients.
Of course, you shouldn’t measure your diet by calories because there are good ones and bad ones. The problem with snacking is that you are usually consuming snacks that are high in carbohydrates and not the good kind.
I know a lot of the things that I used to snack on contained unhealthy amounts of sugar. Carbs like that fill you up so that’s why we like to use them in snacks.
If you want to start losing weight and burning fat then you need to find better snacks to consume. Snacking in itself isn’t bad when you eat the right things. In fact, snacking can provide you with needed boosts of energy.
Of course, eating the right things requires some knowledge and that is what this post is all about.
I’m going to show you 7 awesome fat-burning snacks that you can eat at any time of the day. I like to eat them at night simply because it’s the one time I get to sit down, relax, and simply unwind.

7 Healthy Fat Burning Snacks That Will Help You Lose Weight

Eating snacks with the right ratio of nutrients, with the right calories, will help you keep your body energized and help you lose weight. Protein plays a huge role in this as it helps to fuel the growth of lean muscle mass. This, in turn, boosts metabolic rate and increases calorie burn.
Some of these snacks also contain healthy amounts of fiber. This helps to improve digestion and keeps you from going crazy on the unhealthy fats and sugars.

1. An Apple and Almond Milk

When trying to lose weight you don’t want to go crazy with the dairy unless it’s full-fat dairy.
An alternative to milk that I love is almond milk. It might take a little bit to get used to but once you do it is awesome. I use it in everything.
apple burn fat
Apples are great snacks due to their high amounts of fiber and they do a great job of making you feel full.
So why pair it with almond milk?
Because you want to get protein into your system as well when snacking and almond milk can be a great source of it.

2. Cottage Cheese-Filled Avocado

avocado weight loss
I love avocados.
They might be the greatest food in the world. It kind of sucks how quickly they can turn brown but great things don’t last forever.
Mixing an avocado with full-fat cottage cheese can provide you with a great snack loaded with the nutrients that your body needs.
All you need to do is remove the pit from one-half of an avocado and fill the space with 2 oz of cottage cheese.
Mix in some cayenne pepper or regular pepper for some extra spice.

3. Canned Tuna on Whole-Wheat Crackers

This is my preferred way to eat tuna:
tuna to lose weight
No, this is not what canned tuna looks like.
Unfortunately, I don’t have the money to consume sushi 24/7 so I have to rely on other methods to get my tuna fix.
Canned tuna is not only a great source of protein but also a great source of Omega-3. The whole wheat crackers help to add some fiber to the mix.
Again, don’t hesitate to add some cayenne pepper or ground pepper to the mix.

4. Power Berry Smoothie

Smoothies are always a great snack alternative.
This smoothie contains protein powder, Greek yogurt, and berries. All three help to provide you with everything that is necessary to make a great snack.
If you want to sweeten the pot a little without going overboard, add in honey.

5. Warm Pear with Cinnamon Ricotta

Cinnamon is one of the one spoonful ingredients that I use to help me lose weight.
It does a great job of dropping insulin levels.
In the case of this snack, it does a great job of adding a little more flavor.
pear weight loss
Pears are a great source of fiber and ricotta cheese is rich in protein.
Cut the pear in half, spoon out the seed core, throw in some ricotta cheese and sprinkle it all with a teaspoon of cinnamon.
Yum.

6. Edamame

One of my all-time favorite snacks.
edamame weight loss
If we are going to go out for sushi you best believe that I am going to order some edamame. Consider the size of these little soybeans you’d be surprised to know that just one cup contains 17 grams of protein, 8 grams of fiber, and only 189 calories.
Seriously, they are the perfect snack. Hot or cold it doesn’t matter but I prefer them hot.
Sprinkle a bit of sea salt on them and you are good to go.

7. Luna Protein Bar

I know I said you should stay away from pre-packaged snacks but sometimes you aren’t left with many choices. If you nee to go the pre-packaged route then do it wisely.
Luna Protein Bars are less than 200 calories, contain 10 grams of protein and close to 5 grams of fiber.
They also taste wonderful and you can carry them everywhere.
Load up on a box and you won’t have to worry about your snacks for a while.

You Can Lose Weight While Snacking

Eat less! That’s what many diets try to get you to do and that’s the wrong approach to losing weight.
If you like to eat then you shouldn’t stop yourself from eating. You just need to do a better job of watching what you eat.
All of the snacks listed above are great alternatives to the snacks that you usually eat.
Although I only listed 7 don’t think that there aren’t hundreds. You can combine as many different healthy food alternatives as you want.
That’s the great thing about eating healthy. You aren’t as limited as you think you are.
The most important thing about eating healthy snacks is to make sure you are prepared. If you have these snacks always available then you won’t find yourself caught in a sticky situation between you and the vending machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment